The Climbing Centre's
ACTIVE KIDS CLUB
Welcome to our Active Kids Club
Indoor climbing is a very low impact sport and one of the safest sports around when compared to traditional sports like Soccer or League. Indoor climbing has become an Olympic sport and all 3 disciplines, Lead, Speed and Bouldering were featured in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Our classes are designed for the personal development of young climbers. Climbing involves physical and mental development through problem solving.
Mondays | 8yrs – 12yrs (non high school)
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Thursdays | 12yrs – 17yrs (high school)
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Parents of students younger than 12 will be instructed on how to belay their child for the term.
- Independent fitting of harness, shoes and equipment.
- Understanding of climbing grades.
- Ability to safely ascend and descend a route.
- Understanding of basic climbing movement.
- Introduction to bouldering safety and technique.
- Development of physical literacy, confidence and problem solving.
- Lots of fun and climbing games!
Please read the following information before booking:
- Parents must attend class with their child to hold ropes for them if they are under the age of 12
- Each class will run for 1.5hrs and start 4pm sharp Monday and Thursday 4pm and 530 pm
- Classes are lead on a manual/ program as followed by individual students and self assessment.
- Active Kids Vouchers can be redeemed. (must be presented on first day of class)
- Classes are run during school terms.
- Enrolment is for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Enrolee’s are required to be a casual member before joining and have completed our waiver and safety lesson.
- Cost per term is $180
- We require a $80 deposit to book your spot and can only be paid via our booking calendar.
- Bookings are to be made through our booking calendar.
Thank you for reading through our information. There are endless benefits that come from climbing, including – building confidence, concentration, muscle coordination, flexibility, problem-solving skills and improving fitness and strength.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
$180 per Term
This includes harness and shoes (if required).
Children must be a member (have a casual membership card) before joining.
If your child is new to climbing at The Climbing Centre we suggest to come in and have a climb. They can get their membership card and become familiar with how it works.
For enquiries, please contact us on:
We look forward to seeing you down here for a climb soon!