The Climbing Centre's
KIDS climbing class
Welcome to our tcc Kids climbing class
Indoor climbing is a very low impact sport and one of the safest sports around when compared to traditional sports like Soccer or League.
Our classes are designed for the personal development of young climbers. Climbing involves physical and mental development through problem solving.
Tuesday | 8yrs – 12yrs (Primary School)
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Wednesday or Thursdays | 12yrs – 17yrs (High School)
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm Thursday only
- Parents of students younger than 12 will be instructed on how to belay their child for the term.
- Independent fitting of harness, shoes and equipment.
- Understanding of climbing grades.
- Ability to safely ascend and descend a route.
- Understanding of basic climbing movement.
- Introduction to bouldering safety and technique.
- Development of physical literacy, confidence and problem solving.
- Lots of fun and climbing games!
Please read the following information before booking:
- Parents must attend class with their child to hold ropes for them if they are under the age of 12
- Each class will run for 1.5hrs and start 4pm sharp Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday 4pm and 5:30 pm
- Classes are lead on a manual/ program as followed by individual students and self assessment.
- Active Kids Vouchers can be redeemed. (must be presented on first day of class)
- Classes are run during school terms.
- Enrolment is for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Enrolee’s are required to have previously climbed at the centre before joining and have completed our waiver and safety lesson.
- Cost per term is $200
- We require a $150 deposit to book your spot and can only be paid via our booking calendar.
- Bookings are to be made through our booking calendar.
Thank you for reading through our information. There are endless benefits that come from climbing, including – building confidence, concentration, muscle coordination, flexibility, problem-solving skills and improving fitness and strength.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
Wednesday or Thursdays
$200 per Term
This includes harness and shoes (if required).
Children must be a member (have a casual membership card) before joining.
If your child is new to climbing at The Climbing Centre we suggest to come in and have a climb. They can get their membership card and become familiar with how it works.
For enquiries, please contact us on:
We look forward to seeing you down here for a climb soon!